The Tim Gates Foundation aims to honour the memory of Tim Gates (Gatesy) and continue the work Tim did throughout his life by assisting young members in their quest to further their skills in competition, leadership and learning in the surf life saving movement.
The Foundation also aims to support the Fairhaven SLSC and its members by providing them with financial support for the purpose of:
- preserving and safeguarding life by study, education and practice of the methods of lifesaving;
- promoting demonstrations, education and arranging classes of instruction in life saving and swimming
- patrolling the beach at Fairhaven in the State of Victoria and providing efficient life saving equipment and rendering first aid on the said beach and areas adjacent thereto;
- providing and maintaining radio and communication equipment for communication between members of the Fairhaven Surf Life Saving Club, other clubs and organisations involved in the business of saving lives;
- arranging and competing in intra and inter club competitions for members of the Fairhaven Surf Life Saving Club and providing equipment for such competitions;
- educating the general public in water safety and life saving;
- developing and improving the buildings and facilities of or occupied by the Fairhaven Surf Life Saving Club;
- purchasing life saving equipment which the Trustees consider desirable for the purposes of the Fairhaven Surf Life Saving Club;
- constructing or erecting new buildings which the Trustees consider desirable for the purposes of the Fairhaven Surf Life Saving Club.